Do you live in Walthamstow and love taking photos? Then why not enter The Mall Walthamstow’s Hidden Gems Photographic Competition?
Pick up your camera or smart phone and look for Walthamstow’s Hidden Gems. These could include quirky signs, unusual architecture, less well known spaces and places or local features that might capture the viewer.
The winner will be the photo that, in the judge’s opinion, best meets the description of A hidden gem in Walthamstow.
The competition will be judged by local professional photographer and teacher of photography Simon Warren www.simonwarren.com
Selected entries will be displayed in The Mall on a large TV Screen and the winner will receive a day’s photographic tuition from www.thephototutor.com
Hidden Gems Competition Terms & Conditions
The overall winner will receive a day’s photographic tuition from www.thephototutor.com with two runners up receiving a £50 Waterstones gift voucher
How to enter:
- To enter, the participant must upload their image and details via www.themall.co.uk/Walthamstow website and follow the link to the “Hidden Gems” competition page.
- The photo must have been taken with in Walthamstow with in the last month.
- Entrants must be 16 or over for the entry to be valid.
- One entry is allowed per participant.
- The entrants allow their work to be used by The Mall Walthamstow – for display purposes only – on The Mall Walthamstow’s social media sites.
- The 10 short listed photographers allow their photographs to be displayed with in the centre between 04/05/2015 – 24/05/2015
- The 10 short listed photographers allow their photographs to be used for in house company presentations.
- Copyright remains with the photographer.
- The competition opens on Monday 30th March 2015 and closes on Saturday 18th April 2015
- The winner will be the photo that, in in the judge’s opinion, best meets the description of a hidden gem in Walthamstow.
- The competition will be judged by local professional photographer and teacher of photography Simon Warren.
- The decision of the judge is final and no further correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The 10 shortlisted photographer’s will be notified the week commencing 27th April 2015
- The winner shall be announced on the launch night of the event on the evening of 7th May 2015.
- The first place prize is a day’s photographic tuition from www.thephototutor.com with Simon Warren and is non – exchangeable.
- The two runners up prizes are £50 Waterstones gift vouchers courtesy of The Mall Walthamstow and are non – exchangeable.
- There are no cash or prize alternatives
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion due to events arising beyond its control. Neither the promoter nor its agents are responsible for third party acts or omission.
- Employees of The Mall Corporation Limited, and their immediate families or those living in the same household of each such employee (in direct association with this competition) are not eligible to enter this competition.
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
- The entrant agrees that The Mall People Limited shall not be liable for any claims, cost, liabilities, damages, expenses and losses arising out of participation in the competition.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
- For any additional queries, please contact Rebecca Marjoram at The Mall Walthamstow Management Suite.
- The promoter of this photography competition is The Mall Walthamstow Limited, 45 Selborne Walk, London E17 7JR.