Barnet Libraries is currently running a photography competition, and I wondered whether your members might be interested in taking part?
The competition is open to all, not just Barnet residents, and is based on the theme of ‘Your London’.
The first prize is £100 in Amazon vouchers, and the chance to exhibit your work at Chipping Barnet Library. There is also a second place prize of a £50 voucher.
I have attached to this email a poster with more details, the rules and application form. This information can also be found on our website: http://www.barnet.gov.uk/info/920042/events_for_adults/494/events_for_adults.
The closing date for receipt of entries is 1st July 2013.
1. Competition entrants must be aged 16 or over.
2. Entry forms can be collected at any Barnet Library or downloaded from the Barnet
3. Individuals may only enter a maximum of three photos for consideration. For each
photo entered there is an entry fee of £2.00 – this is to cover costs and the prize fund.
Payment can be in cash or cheque (Cheques must be made payable to the London
Borough of Barnet). We cannot take payment by card.
4. Entries must be printed on photographic paper (maximum size of A5 or 210 x 148
mm) and can be brought into any Barnet library along with the appropriate entry
fee(s). Postal entries should be sent to ‘Photography Competition’, Libraries, North
London Business Park, Oakleigh Road South, London, N11 1NP.
5. Please give each entry a title, and write this on the back of the photo .Please do not
put your name or any other identifying details or numbers on the back of the photo –
this is to make the judging process as fair as possible. Photographs should be placed
inside a sealed envelope marked ‘photography competition’, along with your entry
6. No online entries can be received. Please do not attempt to submit by email, social
media or through the Barnet libraries website – these will not be considered valid.
Only entries from the UK will be accepted.
7. Photos must be your own original work, and must not be ‘photoshopped’, and must
not contain any element of another’s work.
8. The copyright remains that of the photographer. However, by entering this
competition you are agreeing to the use of this photograph in future publicity of
Barnet libraries events, promotions and similar competitions; in an online or in a ‘hard
copy’ format such as our ‘What’s on’ booklet.
9. The closing date for all entries is Monday 1 July 2013. Winners will be notified by
email/telephone when a decision has been made. Winners will be publicly announced
on our facebook (facebook.com/lbbadultlibraryservice) and twitter (@lbbadultlibrary)
pages in addition to the Barnet Libraries website by Monday 9 September 2013.
10. No correspondence can be entered into and the judge’s decision is final.