Rules of the Walthamstow & District Photographic Society
- The Society shall be named the Walthamstow & District Photographic Society (W&DPS). Its object is the development of and furthering interest, enthusiasm and expertise in all aspects of photography.
- Membership shall be open to anyone over the age of 12 years (members between the ages of 12 and 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult member at all times).
- The Society AGM shall be held in November.
- Subscription rates shall be proposed by the Committee, recommended and agreed at the AGM. These to be implemented in the October of the following year. The financial year of the Society shall end on the 30th September when payments of subscriptions become due. All subscriptions must be paid by the 31st October. No member shall be eligible to attend or vote at the AGM, or enter competitions or exhibitions (internal or external) unless the subscription for the current year has been paid.
- The Officers of the Society shall be – Chairman, Vice-Chairman, General Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Secretary, Programme Secretary, Press Officer, Web Master, Communications Secretary, Exhibition Secretary and Competitions Secretary.
- There shall also be up to 6 Vice Presidents from whom a President (who will stand for 2 years) will be appointed (proposed by the Vice Presidents and agreed by the Committee). These are honorary titles and do not carry voting rights. Any member may propose a member to the committee for consideration to serve, as a Vice President should a vacancy occur.
- The Officers of the Society and up to 5 elected Ordinary Members shall form the Executive Committee, which will manage the affairs of the Society. 7 members shall form a quorum. The Executive Committee shall have the power to co-opt other members and form sub-committees as may be necessary. At least 7 days notice to be given for any meeting.
- All members of the Committee other than the Chairman shall be elected annually at the AGM. The out-going Vice-Chairman shall be appointed Chairman for the ensuing year.
- The Committee shall at their discretion appoint any member, who in their opinion has given exceptional service to the Society, to be made an Honorary Member of the Society for life.
- The club will not discriminate against members, guests or suppliers of goods or services to the Society on the grounds of disability, age, religious beliefs, gender, race or sexual orientation and will not tolerate such behaviour at meetings, events or in any business or communication involving the Society.
- The Society will not permit any member to display inappropriate photographs at meetings, in competitions or at exhibitions. The Committee will have the final decision on inappropriate image content. In the event of any member acting in a manner discrediting the Society, the matter will be referred to the Committee to be dealt with at the Committee’s discretion.
- Apart from expenses normal to the running of the Society, all expenditure shall have prior authorisation by a majority of those present at a Committee meeting.
- On the written request of 6 members, the General Secretary shall call a Special General Meeting within 21 days of receipt of the request, which must state the reason for calling such a meeting.
- If the Executive Committee decides it is necessary or advisable to dissolve the Society, it shall call a Special General Meeting of all members of the Society, of which not less than 21 days’ notice (stating the terms of the resolution to be proposed) shall be given. If the proposal is confirmed by a two-thirds majority of those present and voting, the Executive Committee shall have the power to realise any assets held by or on behalf of the Society after the satisfaction of proper debts and liabilities, these funds will be divided equally between the members. Any assets funded by a Grant Funding Organisation shall be disposed of in accordance with the terms of the funding.
- No alterations can be made to these rules except at the AGM. or a special meeting called for that purpose. Details of any proposed alteration shall be given to the General Secretary in writing at least 14 days before the meeting at which the proposed alterations are to be considered.
- These are new Rules as approved at the Annual General Meeting held on 14th November 2011.
Signed ……………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………..
General Secretary Chairman