The Walker Trophy
A series of three print and three projected image competitions.
Points are awarded for winning, being placed and simply entering each round with a cup being presented to the member with the highest total of points gained during the year. The number of points awarded is listed in a table below.
Rules for the WALKER TROPHIES Monthly Competitions
There will be two separate sections each with their own trophy;
- A series of THREE competitions for Projected Images
- A series of THREE competitions for Prints
All competitions are to be held between January until September. This will enable awards to be presented at the Annual Exhibition.
For details of actual dates, see the current club programme.
All current club members are eligible and may enter.
Maximum entry for Projected Images or Prints is FOUR per member per competition. In the event of a large entry for any competition, the Competition Secretary may ask members to restrict entry to two or three.
Prints may be monochrome or colour and may be processed. The maximum size of mounting board is 20” X 16”, & minimum size of print is 8-1/2” X 6-1/2”. Prints must be mounted on board and bear (on the back of the mount in top L. H. corner) the entrant’s name & title of entry.
Specifications for projected images are set out at the end of this page.
Projected images and prints awarded a ‘place’ in any monthly competition cannot be entered in further monthly competitions. However, any entry not gaining a ‘place’ in a monthly competition may be entered in ONE further monthly competition
All competitions to have ‘open’ subjects.Scoring System – There will be no discrimination in Print or Slide classes; all competitors are equal, the judge will select and place entries, and points will be awarded, as follows;
|Number of entries||Places and Points Awarded|
|1 – 15||9||7||5||Nil|
|27 & over||12||10||8||6|
In addition to the above, every competitor’s first two entries in each monthly competition will each receive one point.
All points will be recorded and will count toward the trophy. The member with the highest aggregate number of points in three competitions will win the trophy. In the event of a tie, the trophy will be shared.
WINNER’S BONUS – Prints only
The winner of the print trophy will gain the equivalent of one certificate of merit (Exhibition) to advance their exhibition status. A limiting factor will be: –
- To gain entry to Class ‘B’, a Class ‘C’ worker must also gain at least one certificate from the Exhibition.
- b) To gain entry to Class ‘A’, a Class ‘B’ worker must also gain at least three certificates from the Exhibition.
Where possible, outside judges will judge these competitions but if the services of an outside judge cannot be obtained, then an advanced club member, who is not competing, can judge.
Digital Image Specifications
- Image Size: 1920 pixels horizontal, maximum and 1024 pixels vertical, maximum
- File Format: jpg
Digital Image Filename:
The filename must be of the format “XX_Your Name_Image Title”
- XX is the number of your image in order of preference, eg 01, 02, 03, 04
- Your Name is of course your name, eg. Matt Russell (spaces are allowed between names)
- Image Title is the name of the image, eg. From the Top Deck of the Bus (spaces are allowed between words)
- Please use an underscore in between the number, your name, and the title. An underscore is “_“
- An example would be 03_Matt Russell_From the Top Deck of the Bus
Digital Image submission:
- Your images must be submitted by sending them to email@example.com by the Sunday evening prior to the competition
- All images must be named correctly or they may not be shown
- A small number of images may be accepted on USB drive on the evening. If there is not sufficient time to load these to the PC then they will not be shown in the competition.